Fire Marshal - ½ day (minimum 4 hours)
The Fire Marshal course is designed for staff who have been designated additional fire safety responsibilities.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to demonstrate a good knowledge and understanding of:
- The role of the Fire Marshal
- The role of the Fire Warden
- Fire Safety Legislation
- Fire prevention
- Actions on fire alarm actuating
- Actions on discovering a fire
- Evacuation procedures
- Fire drills
- Fire extinguishers (Theory)
- Fire extinguishers (Practical)
Who Should Attend
Anyone who has been nominated as a Fire Marshal or Fire Warden and is responsible for overseeing fire safety and taking control in an emergency situation.
Students receive a certificate of attendance on completion of the course. The certificate is valid for 3 years.