Level 2 Award in Fire Safety (QCF) - 1 day
The aim of the Fire Safety Training qualification is to enable Learners to develop their fire safety awareness. It helps the Learner build an understanding of fire safety management at work and the specific roles and responsibilities related to fire safety in the workplace.
1. Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
2. Understand how fire risk is controlled in the workplace
3. Understand the principles and practice of fire safety management at work
4. Understand the role of the nominated fire warden
Who Should Attend
This qualification is for anyone who has a specific responsibility for fire safety in the workplace including fire wardens/fire marshals. It provides a foundation of fire safety knowledge on which employers and ‘responsible persons’ can build. It also increases the fire safety awareness of all employees.
There are two methods of assessment, to be used to ensure that learners have gained the required knowledge, skills and understanding relating to award in Fire Safety
• Formative assessments – a range of informal assessment procedures employed by the Trainer/Assessor during the learning process to measure each Learner’s knowledge, skills and understanding related to the assessment criteria
• Multiple choice questions paper/theory assessments