Level 2 Award in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation (QCF) - 1 day
The aim of the qualification is to enable Learners to attain the knowledge and competencies needed to deal with Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillation (AED). Learners
should be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective CPR and use of an AED in emergency situations.
On completion of this course students will be able to:
1. Understand basic life support requirements.
2. Demonstrate CPR techniques, AED and the recovery position in line with current national guidelines.
3. Understands post resuscitation guidelines.
4. Carry out basic user maintenance and troubleshoot problems with an AED.
5. Understand the safe use of an AED.
Who Should Attend
The qualification is designed for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide First Aid and/or use an AED when dealing with an emergency situation.
There are two methods of assessment, to be used to ensure that Learners have gained the required knowledge, skills and understanding relating to CPR and the use of the AED:
- Practical assessment
This is observed by the Trainer throughout the course.
- Theoretical assessment
This consists of a multiple choice written assessment paper.