Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF) - 1 day
The aim of the Emergency First Aid at Work qualification is to enable learners to attain the knowledge and competencies needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations. Learners should be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt, effective first aid in emergency situations with an understanding of the role of the first aider.
On completion of this course students will be able to:
1. Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider.
2. Assess an incident.
3. Manage an unresponsivecasualty who is breathing normally.
4. Manage an unresponsivecasualty who is not breathing normally.
5. Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking.
6. Manage a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
7. Manage a casualty who is in shock.
8. Understand how to manage a casualty with a minor injury.
Who Should Attend
The qualification is designed for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide First Aid when dealing with an emergency situation.
There are two methods of assessment, to be used to ensure that learners have gained the required knowledge, skills and understanding relating to EFAW:
- Practical assessment
This is observed by the Trainer throughout the course.
- Theoretical assessment
Multiple choice written assessment paper for Unit 1.